The following instructions will help you Create Products in Cahoot and walk you through your configuration options such as international shipping, adding Alias SKUs, and advising on some of Cahoot's more advanced order fulfillment features.
Jump directly to a specific part of the Video:
|0:55||Add New Product|
|2:53||Product Dimensions and Weight|
|4:23||More Details (Optional)|
|6:17||Add New Packaging|
1. Log into Cahoot and go to Products > All Products.
2. Click Add New Product.
3. Required Field: Select your primary Channel, (i.e. from which channel(s) is Cahoot receiving orders for this SKU). If you sell this SKU on multiple channels integrated directly with Cahoot, and any one of them is Amazon Seller Central, then select Amazon.
4. Required Field: Enter the Item Name.
5. Required Field: Enter the SKU (aka Master SKU or Primary SKU).
The Master SKU value cannot be changed. If you have other SKU values that you sell this product under, you’ll need to add Alias SKUs. (See below to learn how to configure Alias SKUs).
Alias SKUs MUST be added BEFORE an order for the alias SKU is imported into Cahoot, or it will be created as a new unique product, and Cahoot won’t recognize the order as fulfillable (if applicable).
6. The following optional fields are added to pick lists and packing slips to help with fulfillment accuracy.
b. Bin Location
c. Size, Color, Flavor, and Scent
7. If you're using the shipping label automations, enter your product Dimensions and Weight in pounds. (Note: This product data is used by the 3D Package Selector Tool that picks the optimal box for your shipment based on the physical size of your products, it is not used for shipping label creation.)
8. If Cahoot fulfills orders for this SKU, select the Preferred Packaging, if you have one, as well as the number of Units Per Master Case, which is used during cycle counts (i.e., 12 single quantity units fit inside one master case).
9. If Cahoot fulfills orders for this SKU, enter Special Storage/Handling Instructions (i.e., Bubble wrap, storage temperature, etc.). If left blank, the product will be shipped/stored at Cahoot's sole discretion.
10. If the SKU will ship to international addresses, add the following important information for customs declarations:
b. Product Description (this should include product materials and color)
d. Country of Origin
11. Save your new SKU.
Adding Alias SKUs
12. Go to Products > All Products, and click Edit in the Action column next to the SKU you are updating.
13. On the Alias SKUs tab, enter the Alias SKUs, Item Names, and if this SKU is being sold on Amazon, enter the ASIN. Click Save.
14. Lastly, make sure to Add Package Data for the SKU if you're using Cahoot Order Fulfillment Software. It can be entered now following these instructions, or it can be entered progressively in the SKUs Missing Package Data section of your Cahoot Dashboard as you receive your first orders for newly created products. Learn more.
Note: Once your products have been created, you can now create your Inbound Shipments to Cahoot fulfillment centers.
More SKU Details (optional)
Aside from the Main Image URL and Condition Type, these fields are optional and generally considered rare. Only Channel SKU fields are editable after the product is created, so please enter these data cautiously.
- External Product Id allows you to enter an alternate ID such as ASIN, UPC, or ISBN.
- External Product Id Type defines the External Product Id entered above.
- Standard Price is the master price before any discounting or coupons are applied. This is the price upon which all other pricing is based for this product.
- List Price is the MSRP.
- Product Description is how you would describe your product.
- Brand Name refers to the manufacturer's brand (Nike, Champion, etc).
- Main Image Url is a link that leads to the product image as displayed on your website or sales channel. This provides a very helpful visual for pick accuracy during fulfillment.
- Condition Type specifies the condition the customer should expect to receive the product such as New, Used, Refurbished. Most products are sold as new, so the Condition Type can be left blank if it is New. See a list of generally accepted Product Condition Guidelines.
- Open for Label Generation is checked by default. This means that any order containing this SKU can have a shipping label created for order fulfillment. If this box is unchecked, orders for this SKU will be Excluded from all workflows in Cahoot, including shipping label creation.
- Disable from MLMQ Automation, when checked, prevents shipping labels from being created automatically for Multi-Line and/or Multi-Quantity orders containing this SKU, even if an identical successful prior shipment exists in Cahoot. All orders containing this SKU will go into Manual Review.
- Do Not Auto-Generate Label (Multi-Line or Multi-Qty Order), when checked, disables the 3D Packing Tool that picks the optimal box for your shipment based on the physical size of your products. Shipping labels will not be created automatically UNLESS an identical successful prior shipment exists in Cahoot. Only then, Cahoot will use the successful prior shipment data to automatically create shipping labels for MLMQ orders for this SKU.
- Generic Keywords are used to search for this product within the Cahoot software.
Make sure to Save your work.