The following instructions will help you Create Products in Cahoot, either in the UI or in Bulk by CSV import, and walk you through your configuration options such as international shipping, adding Alias SKUs, and advising on some of Cahoot's more advanced order fulfillment features.
Jump directly to a specific part of the Video:
|0:55||Add New Product|
|2:53||Product Dimensions and Weight|
|4:23||More Details (Optional)|
|6:17||Add New Packaging|
Step-by-Step Guide: Creating Products in the UI
1. Log into Cahoot and go to Products > All Products.
2. Click Add New Product.
3. Enter Required Fields
a. Channel: (i.e. from which channel(s) is Cahoot receiving orders for this SKU). If you sell this SKU on multiple channels integrated directly with Cahoot, and any one of them is Amazon Seller Central, then select Amazon.
b. Item Name
c. SKU (aka Master SKU or Primary SKU): SKUs must be unique per Sales Channel.
d. Barcode: must be unique for each product.
4. The following optional fields are added to Pick Lists and Packing Slips to help with fulfillment accuracy.
b. Bin Location
c. Size, Color, Flavor, and Scent
5. Enter your product Dimensions (inches) and Weight (pounds). This product data is used by our 3D Package Selector Tool which picks the optimal box for your shipment based on the physical size of your product. These product dimensions are NOT used for shipping label creation unless the SKU ships via Original Manufacturer Package (SIOC).
6. The following fields are only required if Cahoot is shipping this SKU, otherwise optional
a. Preferred Packaging: This is the packaging type you suggest we use for shipping the item. Hover over the help icon for details about each package type.
b. Units Per Master Case, Master Case Dimensions, and Master Case Weight are used for Cycle Counts (i.e., 24 single units fit inside one master case/carton), and for bulk shipments.
c. Special Storage/Handling Instructions (i.e., fragile, storage temperature, etc.). If left blank, the product will be shipped/stored at Cahoot's sole discretion.
9. Optional: Enter HAZMAT information for this product on the More Details tab. This will help to identify the correct shipping stickers required by the carrier.
Important: All hazardous materials SKUs need to be properly assigned to their HAZMAT classification if Cahoot is shipping the SKU. Failure to comply with HAZMAT requirements can result in refused shipments, seized shipments, and possibly penalties and/or fines from carriers and/or Cahoot. Read more about the Hazardous Materials and Restricted Products Policy.
10. International shipments require the following info for all carriers for customs declarations:
b. Brief Product Description (this should include product materials and color)
d. Country of Origin
11. Click Save to create your new SKU.
Adding Alias SKUs
12. Go to Products > All Products, and click Edit in the Action column next to the SKU you are updating.
13. On the Alias SKUs tab, enter the Alias SKU(s), Item Name(s), and if this SKU is being sold on Amazon, enter the ASIN. Click Save.
14. Lastly, make sure to Add Package Data for the SKU if you're using Cahoot Order Fulfillment Software. It can be entered now or it can be entered progressively in the SKUs Missing Package Data section of your Cahoot Dashboard as you receive your first orders for the newly created products.
Note: Once your products have been created, you can now prep your inventory and Create your Inbound Shipments going to Cahoot fulfillment centers.
More SKU Details (optional)
Most of these fields are NOT editable after the product is created, so please enter this information cautiously.
- External Product Id allows you to enter an alternate ID such as ASIN, UPC, or ISBN.
- External Product Id Type defines the External Product Id entered above.
- Standard Price is the master price before any discounting or coupons are applied. This is the price upon which all other pricing is based for this product.
- List Price is the MSRP.
- Product Description is how you would describe your product.
- Brand Name refers to the manufacturer's brand (Nike, Champion, etc).
- Main Image URL is a link that leads to the product image as displayed on your website or sales channel. This provides a very helpful visual for pick accuracy during fulfillment.
- Condition Type specifies the condition the customer should expect to receive the product such as New, Used, Refurbished. Most products are sold as new, so the Condition Type can be left blank if it is New. See a list of generally accepted Product Condition Guidelines.
- Open for Label Generation is checked by default. This means that any order containing this SKU can have a shipping label created for order fulfillment. If this box is unchecked, orders for this SKU will be Excluded from all workflows in Cahoot, including shipping label creation.
- Disable from MLMQ Automation, when checked, prevents shipping labels from being created automatically for Multi-Line and/or Multi-Quantity orders containing this SKU, even if an identical successful prior shipment exists in Cahoot. All orders containing this SKU will go into Manual Review.
- Do Not Auto-Generate Label (Multi-Line or Multi-Qty Order), when checked, disables the 3D Package Selector Tool that picks the optimal box for your shipment based on the physical size of your products. Shipping labels will not be created automatically UNLESS an identical successful prior shipment exists in Cahoot. Only then, Cahoot will use the successful prior shipment data to automatically create shipping labels for MLMQ orders for this SKU.
- Generic Keywords are used to search for this product within the Cahoot software.
Make sure to Save your work.
Step-by-Step Guide: Creating Products in Bulk
1. Go to Products > Import Products
2. Download the CSV Template and/or the Legend if needed. The Legend describes the specific values allowed in each column.
3. Add Product Details to the CSV Template and save a copy on your computer, but DO NOT DELETE any column headers. The system expects all columns to exist in the import file. Leave anything blank that you don't want changed. Values in a column that differ from what is already in the database (if applicable) will OVERWRITE the existing database value.
4. Required fields: SKU, Channel Name (See guidance above or in the Legend), and Item Name. Barcode is a required field only if Cahoot is fulfilling Orders for the SKU.
5. Browse to the file on your computer and Select it.
6. Submit your file.