To fully utilize Cahoot's shipping label solution, setting up your account is the first step. In this article, we will go over the fundamental settings and how to configure them. We strongly recommend that you review your account settings using the instructions below.
This article contains the following sections:
1. Navigate to Account Settings.
2. Confirm your contact information and warehouse address on the General Info tab.
Note: Please review the general information tab to make sure everything is correct. You must reach out to the Cahoot Support Team if you need to edit any of this information.
Configure Carriers and Services
1. Connect your carrier accounts to Cahoot by using the Credentials tab. Next to Account Name, select the Carrier Account you are configuring (i.e., FedEx, UPS, USPS). You only need to enter information in the top four fields. Validate the connection using the Test Rate Calculation button on the bottom of the page and then click Save.
2. Go to Settings > Supported Carrier Services and select the shipping services you support for each carrier. Leave them blank if you never use them.
3. Set up your carrier pickup times and same-day cutoff times on each respective tab.
Label Settings and Test Labels
1. Once your carrier information has been configured, the Label Settings tab allows you to add insurance or delivery confirmation based on the carrier service level, NOT the SKU level. This is optional and not common.
2. Customize your packing slips from within the Packing Slip tab. You can also enable the use of Label Batches and set your default sort order for Pick Lists, Packing Slips, and your Bulk Print Page (Print and Ship My Orders page).
3. Print test labels on the View Test Labels tab to confirm that your printer(s) are configured properly and that you can print shipping labels from a browser window.