The exact steps to set up your printer will vary depending on the printer's make and model. This article provides details for Zebra printers, the most common thermal label printer brand. If you have any trouble, you will need to start by making sure the right driver(s) are installed.
Step by Step Guide
1. Log into Cahoot: https://app.letscahoot.net/merchant
2. Navigate to Merchant Name in top right of the screen > Settings > View Test Labels.
a. If you print shipping labels on 8.5 x 11" printer paper, click the Print Test Integrated Label button to send the file to your printer.
b. If you print shipping labels only (no packing slips) on thermal label paper, click the arrow on the Print Test Integrated Label button and select Print 4x6 Label to send the file to your printer.
c. MOST COMMON: If you print shipping labels and packing slips on thermal label paper, click the arrow on the Print Test Integrated Label button and select Print 4x6 Label and Packing Slip to send the file to your printer.
3. If the file prints successfully, click Close, and you're done. If not, below are some troubleshooting steps you can take before reaching out to the Cahoot Support team for technical assistance.
1. Download and install zebra-browser-print-setup. Please visit Zebra Product Support.
2. Open the browser print service
Windows: System tray > right-click > Settings
Mac: Top status menu > right-click > Settings
3. Go to Change > Add Device
4. Leave Settings popup open; open a Google Chrome browser.
5. Confirm and add local host (if needed).
Turn On Silent Printing (Google Chrome)
This browser-specific feature allows you to print Barcodes, Labels, and Forms without having to deal with the Print Preview and Confirmation Page pop-up windows. This saves you time and unnecessary clicks.
Change Your Browser to Kiosk Mode
1. On your computer's desktop, R-click your Google Chrome shortcut and select Properties
2. Navigate to the Shortcut tab and find the "Target:" field.
3. Update the Target field
At the end of the string, add: (space)"--kiosk-printing"
The end result should look like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" "--kiosk-printing"
"C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" "--kiosk-printing"
4. Click Apply, then OK.
5. Close all Chrome windows.
6. When you re-open Chrome via this shortcut, Chrome will now automatically print to your default Printer.