The exact steps to set up your printer will vary depending on the printer's make and model. This article provides details for Zebra printers, the most common thermal label printer brand. If your printer has been successfully printing shipping labels through a browser window (such as a web-based software), skip to Step 6 and try printing test shipping labels in Cahoot. If you have any trouble, you will need to start by installing the right driver(s).
After following our step by step guide below, please watch our short video on how to test print in Cahoot to confirm that your printer was configured correctly.
Step by Step Guide
1. Login to the Cahoot application using the email address associated with your account: https://app.moet.io/merchant
2. Navigate to Merchant Name in top right of the screen > Settings > View Test Labels.
a. If you print shipping labels on 8.5 x 11" printer paper, click the Print Test Integrated Label button to send the file to your printer.
b. If you print shipping labels only (no packing slips) on thermal label paper, click the arrow on the Print Test Integrated Label button and select Print 4x6 Label to send the file to your printer.
c. MOST COMMON: If you print shipping labels and packing slips on thermal label paper, click the arrow on the Print Test Integrated Label button and select Print 4x6 Label and Packing Slip to send the file to your printer.
3. If the file prints successfully, click Close, you're done. If not, the following are some troubleshooting steps you can take before reaching out to the Cahoot Support team for technical assistance.
1. Download and install zebra-browser-print-setup. Please visit Zebra Product Support.
2. Open the browser print service
Windows: System tray > right-click > settings
Mac: Top status menu > right-click > settings
3. Go to Change > Add Device
4. Leave settings popup open; open browser.
5. Confirm and add local host (if needed).