Packing & Verifying Shipment Contents
Scan Verification technology ensures that the right items are shipped to the right customers by confirming that the barcodes on the items shipped match the items in the order. It is Step 2 of the Cahoot Fulfillment Partner Daily Workflow.
Step 1 of the Cahoot Fulfillment Partner Daily Workflow starts with Creating a Pick List for the orders that are ready for fulfillment and bringing the items (including Shipping Supplies) to the Packing Station.
Step 2 is to Pack the items using Scan Verification. And lastly,
Step 3 is to Scan the Cahoot End of Day Form, which tells Cahoot that the orders are indeed handed over to the carriers on time.
1. Barcode scanner that supports Code 128
2. A desktop or mobile device that supports Google Chrome browser
Cahoot provides several barcode shortcuts to facilitate fast order processing using Scan Verification without putting the scanner down or otherwise needing to stop and click or tap buttons in the Cahoot software. You can print the full list of barcode shortcuts here, or they can be found on the Scan to Verify and Print page in Cahoot.
1. After a Pick List is picked, go to the Scan to Verify and Print page.
2. Scan the Pick List barcode to load all the orders in the background.
3. Scan one of the items picked and Cahoot will display the simplest order that the SKU belongs to, for example, a single-line/single-quantity order for this SKU. If the order contains additional lines or quantities, they will all be displayed together on the screen.
If a shipping label is pre-created for the order, it will be displayed on the right.
Order Status: Shipping Label Ready
If a shipping label is not yet created for the order, an image will not be available.
Order Status: Match Confirmed
4. Scan any remaining items and quantities that were picked for the shipment one at a time until the Qty Scanned equals the Qty Ordered, and the Remaining to Scan equals zero (0). Each line will be marked with a green checkmark when it is complete. When all lines are complete (all have a green checkmark), the Mark as Verified and Print button will be activated and highlighted BLUE.
Tip: If you scan an incorrect barcode or unit quantity, you will be alerted by an error message and an audible beep.
5. Scan the Mark Verified and Print Barcode Shortcut to save your verification (or click the button). The Shipping Label and Packing Slip will be sent to the printer automatically if the order is in Shipping Label Ready status.
6. Place all the units in the assigned box as indicated on the Packing Slip, put the Packing Slip in the box, tape it up securely and affix the Shipping Label so that it does not fold over any of the sides of the packaging.
IMPORTANT: Packing Slips MUST be included inside (not outside) all shipments as there are return instructions, gift messages and other things printed on them that customers need to see. The only exception is for products that are Ready to Ship As-Is and do not require overpacking. We do not want to advertise what's in the box, so please discard these packing slips.
7. After the shipment is verified, the Scan Verification page will be reset automatically and the next product barcode can be scanned and it's order verified.
Barcode Shortcut Tips:
a. Link Scan to Verify: Brings you directly to the Scan to Verify and Print page from wherever you are in the Cahoot software.
b. Reset: Resets the current order within Scan Verification process so you can start over at any time.
c. Skip Order: Send the order to the back of the queue within the existing Pick List.
d. Toggle Reprint: Reprint the Shipping Label and Packing Slip for an order that has already had them printed.
Note 1: Orders in Match Confirmed Order Status may be Scan Verified, however, by definition, Shipping Labels are not created yet because the orders are not yet in Shipping Label Ready status. Thus, we recommend limiting Pick Lists to orders in Shipping Label Ready status to prevent rework.
Note 2: You can search the Cahoot Order ID (or scan the Packing Slip barcode, which is the Cahoot Order ID) on the Scan to Verify and Print page if you need to reverify a single order for any reason.