Work Orders are used to request Inventory Prep services, Transfer Inventory between Cahoot warehouses, Forward Inventory to FBA, and Remove Inventory, among other less common requests. Accounts must be pre-approved to request Transfer and FBA Forwarding Work Orders. Learn more about how they work below.
Jump directly to a specific part of the Video:
|0:24||Work Order Types|
|1:10||Locating Work Orders|
|2:27||Work Order Statuses|
|3:03||Example Work Order|
1. Go to Work Orders > All Work Orders > Assigned to Partner tab.
2. Click the Add New drop down and select the Work Order Type. Select Other if the type is not obvious. Learn more about the different Work Order types below.
3. Create a unique Job Name and select the Job Location. The Job Location is the Cahoot location that will be performing the work.
4. Enter the Ship To (destination) address and upload any Shipping Documents, if applicable.
5. Add SKUs to your Work Order by entering the SKU or Barcode (not both) in the Items section and click Add Item, or simply leave both these fields blank and click Add Item to open the Search and Add Items window to add SKUs in bulk.
6. Use the top filters in the Search and Add Items window and click Go to find specific items in your Product Catalog, or simply browse the SKUs and use the checkboxes on the left to multi-select SKUs. Click Select and Add to add the SKUs to your Work Order in bulk. Close the window when done.
7. Enter the unit Qty next to each SKU. You cannot enter a number of units that is greater than the Qty Available, which takes into account units that are already allocated to live orders or other Work Orders.
8. Select an option in the How Would You Like to Ship drop down. Add Shipment Protection if you want to add All-Risk insurance.
9. Enter any Special Instructions or other requirements that apply.
10. Scroll to the top of the page and click Submit Work Order if you're ready for it to be reviewed and Approved, or click Save as Draft in the Other Actions dropdown if you want to come back and submit it later.
Lastly, find your Work Orders in any Job Status by using the Search Filters at the top of the Work Order page . You will need to adjust the Date Filter if the Work Order you're looking for is older than 3 months.
Work Order Types
1. Inventory Prep Work Orders are requests to prep inventory for the purpose of making it ready for storage and fulfillment. Examples include barcoding, polybagging, bubble wrapping, replacing damaged retail packaging, etc.
2. Inventory Transfer Work Orders are requests to distribute your inventory between Cahoot warehouses. Please make sure your Cahoot Account is approved to use this service before creating a Work Order.
3. FBA Forwarding Work Orders are requests to ship your inventory from a Cahoot warehouse to Amazon FBA warehouses. Please make sure your Cahoot Account is approved to use this service before creating an FBA Work Order. IMPORTANT: FBA Forwarding for Accounts not pre-approved are treated as Removal Work Orders.
IMPORTANT: The FBA Box Labels, Shipping Labels, and Pallet Labels must be in 4x6 Standard Thermal Format and your Amazon SKU Names displayed on the FBA Box Labels must match exactly with your Cahoot SKU Names. Lastly, when entering SKU Quantities on the Work Order, they must be in increments that match your Case-Pack Quantities.
4. Inventory Removal Work Orders are all other requests to move your inventory from a Cahoot warehouse to another location outside the Cahoot Network that is not a retail consumer.
Inventory Removal Guidelines
Lead Time: 14-21 business days, but it can take up to 30 days or more during peak seasons.
Shipment Process: Cahoot manages all removal shipments including carriers used. Cahoot is not responsible for items damaged or lost in removal transit. All LTL removal shipments will include Shipment Protection (insurance).
Restrictions: PO, APO, FPO, and/or DPO shipping addresses are not supported at this time.
Prerequisites: Payment for removal requests are due in advance of processing the work order. Accounts must be current and in good standing. Past due and/or suspended accounts are not eligible for removals until they are brought current.
Fees: Fees for removals will be due in advance, a $99 minimum applies.
5. Other Work Orders are used for non-standard special requests.