Work Orders are used to request inventory prep services, transfer inventory between Cahoot warehouses, forward to FBA, and remove inventory, among other less common requests. Learn more about how they work below.
Jump directly to a specific part of the Video:
|0:24||Work Order Types|
|1:10||Locating Work Orders|
|2:27||Work Order Statuses|
|3:03||Example Work Order|
1. In the top navigation, go to Work Orders > All Work Orders. The Assigned to Partner tab displays all the Work Orders that you have created.
2. Use the Search Filters at the top of the page to find what you're looking for based on Job Type, Job Status, Date Range, or a specific Work Order ID. OR, learn how to Sort and Filter the list of Work Orders to find the Work Order you're looking for.
3. Use the Add New button to create a new Work Order.
4. Create a unique Job Name, Select the Job Type, and Job Location. Job Location is the warehouse where your inventory is stored.
5. Enter the Ship To address and Upload any Shipping Documents you may have, if applicable.
6a. Add Items to your Work Order by either entering the SKU and clicking Add Item, entering the Barcode and clicking Add Item, or simply leave these fields blank and click Add Item to search your Product Catalog.
6b. Use the top filters in the Search window to Add Items to your Work Order, or use the checkboxes on the left to multi-select and add in bulk. Click Select to add the SKUs to your Work Order.
7. Enter the Qty of the products that the Work Order should apply to. You cannot enter a number of units that is greater than the Qty Available, which takes into account units that are already allocated to live orders.
8. Add Shipment Protection if you want to add All-Risk insurance.
9. Enter the work request details and/or any Special Instructions in the Special Instructions section.
10. Save as Draft if you want to come back to this Work Order later, or click Submit Work Order if you're ready for it to be reviewed and Approved.
Work Order Types
Inventory Prep Work Orders are requests to prep inventory for the purpose of making it ready for storage and fulfillment. Examples include barcoding, poly bagging, bubble wrapping, replacing damaged retail packaging, etc.
Inventory Transfer Work Orders are requests to distribute your inventory between Cahoot warehouses. Please make sure your Cahoot Account is approved to use this service before creating a Work Order.
FBA Forwarding Work Orders are requests to ship your inventory from a Cahoot warehouse to Amazon FBA warehouses. Please make sure your Cahoot Account is approved to use this service before creating a Work Order.
Inventory Removal Work Orders are requests to move your inventory from a Cahoot warehouse to another location, outside the Cahoot Network.
Lead Time: 14-21 business days, but it can take up to 30 days or more during peak seasons.
Shipment Process: Cahoot manages all return shipments including carriers used. Cahoot is not responsible for items damaged or lost in return transit. All LTL removal shipments will include Shipment Protection (insurance).
Restrictions: PO, APO, FPO, and/or DPO shipping addresses are not supported at this time.
Prerequisites: Payment for removal requests are due in advance of processing. Accounts must be current and in good standing. Past due and/or suspended accounts are not eligible for removals until they are brought current.
Fees: Fees for removals will be due in advance, a $99 minimum applies.
Other Work Orders are used for any other non-standard special requests.