Configuring Alias SKUs
When a single physical product is sold using multiple different SKUs, Cahoot requires that the product is first created as a Master SKU (aka Primary SKU, see Creating Products), then each additional SKU must be added as an Alias SKU. By design, Alias SKUs are all mapped to the Master SKU so that when orders are imported into Cahoot for any one of the SKU values, Cahoot recognizes them all as the same physical product and processes the orders using the Master SKU data, preventing the need for replicate data to be managed separately across multiples of SKUs.
Orders will be assigned to Sellers to ship (No Match Found Order Status) if any of the SKUs associated with the order are not properly configured in Cahoot, even if the expectation is that Cahoot should be fulfilling the order. When an order containing a SKU that doesn't exist in Cahoot is received, the SKU will be created automatically as a Master SKU, and the order will be assigned to the Seller to ship (No Match Found Order Status) until the SKU is added as an Alias to a Master SKU and the order is Reset (see Handling Backorders).
Adding Alias SKUs
1. Go to Products > All Products and use the various filters to find the SKU you want to add Alias SKUs for, and click Edit in the Action column.
2. On the Alias SKUs tab, add the alternate (Alias) SKUs (required field), add ASIN if the SKU is listed on Seller Central, and add Item Name information if it's different from the Master SKU.
3. Use Bulk Copy to add Alias SKUs in bulk, making sure that each line is comma separated as in this example (up to 25 SKUs can be added at a time):
Cahoot validates Alias SKUs to ensure no duplication. Duplicates will result in an error message.
When an order is imported for an Alias SKU, both the Master SKU and the Alias SKU will be displayed on the Order Details page.
Adding Master SKUs as Alias SKUs
Master SKUs cannot be added as Alias SKUs to other Master SKUs, however, the following process can be used to resolve this intentional constraint. The idea is to effectively remove the Master SKU that should be an alias from the Product Catalog by renaming it, so the Alias SKU is no longer a Master SKU, then adding the Alias SKU using the steps above.
1. Click Products > All Products.
2. Search for the Master SKU that should be an alias and click Go.
3. Click Edit in the Action column.
4. Append the Master SKU name with the suffix "-delete" and click Save.
5. Close the browser tab, and back on the All Products page, Search for the Master SKU that needs the new alias added and click Go.
7. Click Edit in the Action column.
8. On the Alias SKUs tab, add the Alias SKU, (including ASIN and Item Name, if applicable). Click Save.