Important: Please review this policy from time to time to make sure you're up-to-date on the latest documentation. It is your responsibility to know and understand your obligations as a Seller in the Cahoot Network and to take them seriously.
1. Cahoot fulfills orders Monday through Friday, excluding the US Postal Service Observed Holidays and Amazon Listed Holidays.
2. All communication must go through Cahoot. Anonymity of all Sellers and Fulfillment Centers will be respected, and Sellers and Fulfillment Centers will not communicate directly.
3. Owners and key stakeholders will have direct relationships with Cahoot key stakeholders.
- Maintain current account information including contact information, warehouse address (if applicable), etc.
- Mobile phone numbers for primary personnel and business owners will be kept on file and used in the event of an emergency.
4. Cahoot provides initial training on how to use the Cahoot software and services, after which, Sellers are responsible for new and refresher training of staff.
- Business leaders need to complete all training, not just the warehouse staff.
5. Sellers agree to adhere to these Seller Operating Instructions, your Fulfillment Services Agreement, and the Software Subscription and License Agreement at all times.
6. Never misrepresent yourself or your intentions.
1. Seller or its authorized representatives must Create an Inbound shipment and receive approval from Cahoot BEFORE shipping inventory to any Cahoot Fulfillment Center.
2. Inventory should adhere to the Product Prep and Shipment guidelines. Determining the type of preparation required to ship your products to Cahoot safely is your responsibility. Failure to comply with these product preparation requirements, safety requirements, and product restrictions may result in the refusal of the delivery and/or receiving delays.
- Product prep guidelines are designed to ensure safe handling by warehouse staff, transportation by carrier employees, and delivery to customers. The items should arrive at the Fulfillment Center ready to be fulfilled. Cahoot is only expected to either attach a shipping label directly to the unit of inventory (Ready to Ship), or pack the item within appropriate packaging material before shipping.
Prep services and special projects may be available for a fee (Ex. inventory barcoding, bubble wrapping, etc.).
1. All SKU values for any given product must match the SKU value(s) in Cahoot EXACTLY. Sellers must communicate any changes to SKUs, ASINs, etc. for existing products immediately. Orders for SKUs with incorrect configurations will be assigned to Sellers to fulfill. It is recommended to use the same SKU value across sales channels to minimize SKU management and avoid errors.
2. Sellers must not edit Package Manager Data for SKUs that Cahoot is fulfilling, whether they are Cahoot Only Fulfilled SKUs, or they are Merchant Fulfilled SKUs. Configuring Package Manager Data for your SKUs only applies to orders that you exclusively fulfill for yourself if you're using Cahoot Shipping Software.
Inventory at Cahoot
Cahoot will confirm that the inventory count received matches the Seller's intended shipment quantity, or else document the overages/shortages.
1. Sellers are responsible for monitoring inventory and maintaining positive quantity available across Cahoot locations to prevent stock-outs, overselling and backorders. Cahoot tracks inventory Qty Available in real-time as orders are assigned for fulfillment. It is recommended to list fewer Qty Available across channels (the greater of 2% or 5 units) to account for “safety stock” to prevent overselling and having to cancel orders.
Orders without sufficient inventory available for fulfillment (backorders) will be assigned to Sellers for fulfillment. When new inventory becomes available, new orders going forward will be fulfilled automatically, but Sellers must Reset the Backorders that should be fulfilled by Cahoot. Cahoot will not automatically fulfill backorders.
2. Cahoot does NOT track inventory outside of Cahoot Fulfillment Centers.
1. Sellers are 100% responsible for ensuring all orders (both Cahoot Fulfilled and Merchant Fulfilled, if applicable), are imported into Cahoot from all sales channels, and that they are marked as shipped in each channel at the end of each business day. Pay very close attention to this and report any concerns/issues to Cahoot Support.
- Orders received before 2p local time will be shipped same day.
2. Sellers must make any Order Corrections needed in a timely manner to enable fulfillment within established SLAs (e.g. address corrections).
3. Avoid unexpected spikes in order volume or risk order defects. Provide Cahoot forward visibility for fulfillment capacity, carrier capacity, and storage capacity needs.
- Cahoot may override handling time SLAs (excluding Seller Fulfilled Prime orders) if order volume for certain SKUs is spiking unexpectedly.
4. Sellers are 100% responsible for sidelining Cahoot-eligible orders in other systems to ensure orders are not double-shipped. The best way to prevent double-shipments is to use Cahoot Shipping Software for all Merchant Fulfilled orders.
5. Orders assigned to Cahoot for fulfillment cannot be reversed after Order Status has been updated to Shipped. Orders are batch processed, so cancellations must be done BEFORE they enter the fulfillment queue. Shipped orders are treated as returns.
6. Cahoot does NOT control carriers nor package deliverability, only that orders are shipped on time using the order and address information provided.
7. Cahoot does not create demand. It is Seller's responsibility to ship SKUs to Cahoot that have existing demand.
8. Cahoot is not responsible for Amazon Shipping Templates and does NOT review or manage them. Paid consulting services are available if needed.
9. Sellers can file claims for lost or damaged shipments directly with carriers. Find the individual forms here.
1. Customer-initiated returns are managed by Sellers and Marketplaces. Cahoot does not process returns. Learn more about Returns.
2. Carrier-initiated returns, (aka "Return to Sender"), are undeliverable packages, and are either returned to Cahoot HQ in Bridgeport, Connecticut, or they'll be returned to the business address on file for the carrier account used to purchase the shipping label.
- Orders that are returned to Cahoot HQ are tagged with the Order Tag, "Returned to Cahoot".
- Orders that are returned elsewhere are tagged with the Order Tag, "Returned to Sender".
3. If an order needs to be replaced, (lost, damaged, stolen), Sellers can import a replacement order into Cahoot.
BYO Carrier Accounts
*Only applies to Sellers shipping Merchant Fulfilled orders
1. Sellers utilizing the Bring Your Own Carrier Accounts option are responsible for working closely with their Carrier Account Reps to schedule dedicated daily pickups at Cahoot Fulfillment Centers. Pickups should be scheduled after 3:30p local time to support same-day shipping SLAs.
Important: Forward the carrier pickup window confirmation to your Onboarding Specialist.
2. Make sure packages can be reliably picked up at scale and that space allocation on trucks is not a concern for the size/weight of your SKUs , or make sure to discuss with your Onboarding Specialist and your Carrier Account Rep.
3. Work closely with local carriers in response to shifts in demand. If a carrier doesn’t expect your volume, they may refuse it.
Sellers need to have conversations with their Carrier's Sales and Operations teams in advance of spikes in order volume to ensure space is available on trucks picking up from Cahoot Fulfillment Centers. Cahoot is not responsible for arranging additional carrier pickups to accommodate spikes in order volume.
4. Sellers are responsible for giving Cahoot Support 2-weeks’ advance notice of any carrier/service changes needed.
Last Updated: 10/5/2022