Using Scan Verification
The Cahoot Scan Verification technology allows you to verify your pick/pack accuracy by scanning barcodes on Pick Lists, Packing Slips, and products to make sure the correct items are being used to fulfill each order.
Pick List Scan Verification
Packing Slip Scan Verification
Configuration and Requirements
- Barcoded products
- Barcode values configured in Cahoot that match barcodes on Products
- Standard Barcode scanner that supports Code 128
- A desktop or mobile device with internet access to run the Cahoot web application
- Code 128A
- Code 128B
- Code 128C
If all of these requirements are satisfied, follow the Step-by-Step Instructions below.
Cahoot provides several barcode shortcuts to facilitate fast order processing using Scan Verification without putting the scanner down or otherwise needing to stop and click or tap buttons in Cahoot. You can print the full list of barcode shortcuts here, (also attached at the bottom of this article).
1. After Printing a Pick List, navigate to Scan to Verify and Print.
2. Scan the Pick List or Packing Slip barcode to bring up the order or orders to process.
3. All the SKUs required to fulfill the order will be displayed with their quantities. If a shipping label is pre-created for the order, it will also be displayed on the page. If a shipping label is NOT pre-created for the order, you can quickly create one on the same screen AFTER the fulfillment has been verified as accurate.
Order Status: Shipping Label Ready
Order Status: Match Confirmed or No Match Found
4. Scan every item and quantity that was picked for the shipment one at a time. Each time you scan a product barcode, the Qty Scanned value will increment by "1" and the Remaining to Scan value will decrement by "1". If you scan an incorrect product barcode or quantity, an error message and beep will alert you.
5. You can also manually verify each item by using the Verify, and Verify All actions or enter numbers directly on Qty Scanned. When you click Clear and Clear All, numbers are going back to 0.
6. Once all items are scanned accurately, click Mark as Verified and Print if the shipping label is pre-created for the order, or click Mark as Verified if the shipping label is not ready to be printed.
Case 1. Mark as Verified and Print: Your verification will be saved and the shipping label will be printed. Cahoot will automatically print the shipping label once verification is confirmed.
Case 2. Mark as Verified: Your verification will be saved. You can still create a shipping label.
6. After the shipment is verified, the order details will be closed and the next packing slip barcode can be scanned (without any clicking or tapping necessary) so you can quickly continue fulfilling orders.
Tip: You can reset and restart the verification anytime in the middle of the process by clicking Reset or scanning the barcode shortcut.