Barring special circumstances, shipments to Cahoot must be placed using Cahoot Discounted Freight.
By aggregating shipping volume, Cahoot is able to achieve discounted LTL/FTL freight rates and make them available to our Sellers. The more volume shipped through the service, the more our rates are discounted. Follow the steps below to register for a freight account.
How to sign up for Cahoot Freight
1. Contact Cahoot Support via the Request Support link in your Cahoot admin panel. Let the team know you want to create a freight account.
2. Cahoot will create your exclusive freight account and connect you with your freight Account Manager.
3. The following information is normally required to request a quote:
- Pickup Date
- Origin Address
- Services & Accessorials needed (liftgate, inside delivery, residential delivery, limited access, etc.)
- Description of shipment contents
- Pallet Information (dimensions, weight and quantity)
- Freight Class of each product shipped
- NMFC Code of each product shipped
4. Freight is invoiced through Cahoot.
LTL/FTL/Container Pallet Prep Guidelines
Use pallets that are in good condition and are not made of weak materials such as cardboard or particleboard.
1. Stage boxes using standard pallet stacking requirements. Do not use extra packing, straps, or elastic to pack boxes on pallets.
2. Total weight should not exceed 1500 lbs.
3. The contents of pallets must not overhang by more than 1”.
4. All pallets are recommended to be wrapped in plastic preferably clear stretch wrap, to prevent shifting during transit. Shipment labels should be placed on the outside of the stretch wrap.
1. Use 48” x 40”, 4-way access wooden pallets unless products require larger pallets.
2. Pallets must not exceed 72" in height.
3. Use GMA Standard Grade B pallets or higher.
4. Use GMA Grade 1A pallets for Food, Grocery, and Health & Beauty products.
5. Do not use PECO pallets that cannot be moved using a standard pallet jack.