You can add shipping insurance to your shipments in Cahoot several different ways, including manually on the Create Label screen, at the SKU level in Package Manager, which will automatically add insurance to all new orders that contain this SKU, or at the carrier service level, which will automatically add insurance to all new orders that ship using that shipping service.
In this article, you will learn about the following:
Adding Insurance Manually:
1. Find an order and navigate to the Sales Order page and select the Create Shipping Label button.
2. You will find the insurance option in the Create Label form. Add the insurance value and create the shipping label.
Automate Insurance by SKU:
1. Go to Products > All Products or navigate to the Cahoot Dashboard to access the package manager. Open the Package Manger for a specific SKU by selecting Add Package Data or Edit Package Data depending on the Package Data status of the SKU.
Note: When adding insurance at the SKU-level, Cahoot will add the desired insurance to the shipping labels created automatically for all new orders that contain this SKU. Cahoot will not add insurance to existing shipping labels created before the insurance option was configured. Labels will have to be voided and re-created if insurance needs to be added to a shipping label already created without it.
2. In the Package Manager pop up, click Additional Options.
3. The "Additional Options" will display the fields for adding Signature Confirmation and Insurance. Add your declared insurance value for this SKU and click Save.
Automate Insurance by Carrier Services:
1. Go to Settings and select the Label Settings tab. Here you will see the Carrier services that you have enabled. Find the carrier service in question and select Edit.
2. Under the Edit Shipping Label Settings pop up you can add the Insured Value and click Save. This will add insurance for all of your orders that use this carrier and service.