The Cahoot Scan Verification technology allows you to verify your pick/pack accuracy by scanning barcodes on Pick Lists, Packing Slips, and products to make sure the correct items are being used to fulfill each order.
Configuration and Requirements
- Barcoded products
- Barcode values configured in Cahoot that match barcodes on Products
- Standard Barcode scanner that supports Code 128 A, B, or C
- A desktop or mobile device with internet access to run the Cahoot web application
Cahoot provides several barcode shortcuts to facilitate fast order processing using Scan Verification without putting the scanner down or otherwise needing to stop and click or tap buttons in Cahoot. You can print the full list of barcode shortcuts here, (also attached at the bottom of this article).
It would also be useful to enable kiosk printing which disables print popups and sends shipping labels directly to your printer. Learn more here.
Pick List Scan Verification Workflow
Pick List Step-by-Step Guide
1. After printing a Pick List, navigate to Scan to Verify and Print.
2. Scan the Pick List barcode to start working on Orders in this Pick List. Then scan a product barcode to bring up the first order containing that product.
3. All the SKUs required to fulfill the order will be displayed with their quantities. If a shipping label is pre-created for the order, it will also be displayed on the page. If a shipping label is NOT pre-created for the order, you can quickly create one on the same screen AFTER the fulfillment has been verified as accurate.
Order Status: Shipping Label Ready
Order Status: Match Confirmed or No Match Found
4. Scan every item and quantity that was picked for the shipment one at a time. Each time you scan a product barcode, the Qty Scanned value will increment by "1" unit and the Remaining to Scan value will decrement by "1" unit. If you scan an incorrect product barcode or quantity, an error message and beep will alert you.
5. If you need to start over for any reason, you can click Clear to reset a line's Qty Scanned to 0 or click Clear All to reset all line's Qty Scanned to 0.
6. Once all items are scanned, click click Mark as Verified and Print or scan the Click Mark Verified Barcode Shortcut to verify the order and print the shipping label if the shipping label is pre-created for the order. OR, click Mark as Verified if the shipping label is not ready to be printed.
Case 1. Mark as Verified and Print: Your verification will be saved and the shipping label will be printed.
Case 2. Mark as Verified: Your verification will be saved. You can create a shipping label by clicking the Click here link in the preview window on the right.
7. After the shipment is verified, the next product barcode can be scanned to bring up the next order in the Pick List (without any clicking or tapping necessary) so you can quickly continue fulfilling orders.
Tip: You can restart the order verification at any time by clicking Reset or by scanning the Click Reset Barcode Shortcut.
Packing Slip Step-by-Step Guide
1. The Orders Summary section of your Cahoot dashboard displays all orders in the following statuses:
|Orders that must ship today and shipping labels are ready
|Orders pending shipping label generation
|Orders that had shipping labels printed already
2. Click Label Ready or Print and Ship My Orders to go to the Print and Ship My Orders page which is filtered by Label Ready status by default.
3. Click Print Packing Slip & Shipping Labels under the Print drop down to print Packing Slips and Shipping Labels in bulk for all the orders displayed on the page that are in Shipping Label Ready Status. Logically, Packing Slips and Shipping Labels will not be printed for orders that do not have Shipping Labels created yet.
4. Click Print to send all the Packing Slips and Shipping Labels to your printer.
5. Go to the Scan to Verify and Print page and scan the first Packing Slip to display that specific order on the screen.
IMPORTANT: If the Order Status is Shipped and the Do Not Re-print Label box is checked, the shipping label has already been printed. Packing Slips and Shipping Labels can be reprinted by either deselecting this checkbox, or by using the Print Packing Slip & Shipping Label dropdown on the Order Details page.
6. Scan all the items that need to ship with the order, and click Mark as Verified and Print or scan the Click Mark Verified Barcode Shortcut to verify the order and print the shipping label.
7. Put the packing slip in the package, tape it up and affix the shipping label. Scan the next packing slip to continue fulfilling orders.