Inventory can be shipped directly to Cahoot from international suppliers using Cahoot's freight forwarding partners. Both floor-loaded and palletized containers are supported.
1. Cahoot is NOT an Importer of Record (IOR), does not act as a Customs clearance agent, and is not a Customs broker. However, Cahoot's freight forwarding partners are experts and very competitively priced.
2. When shipping inventory to Cahoot from an international supplier, you must ensure all the proper customs documentation is filed. You may need to sign a Power of Attorney with the freight forwarding partner so they can complete this work on your behalf.
3. Container shipments require delivery appointments. The Cahoot Inbounds team can be reached at email@example.com to schedule delivery. Please allow at least 3 days for delivery confirmation. Scheduling should begin as soon as the shipment clears Customs to avoid storage charges. Shipments delivered without an appointment may be declined or significantly delayed.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I create an Inbound for an international shipment to Cahoot?
International Inbounds are the same as domestic Inbounds, however, all inventory in a container must all be included in the same Inbound Work Order with the same Inbound ID. Learn more about Creating Inbound Shipments.
2. How long does it take for international shipments to travel to the US?
International transit can take several weeks to several months. Delays can also occur in Customs. Please make sure to provide all your documentation to the Cahoot freight forwarding partner to prevent delays due to paperwork. Please also track your shipment regularly and update Estimated Delivery Date (to the door) at least weekly.
3. How long does it take for container inventory to be fulfillment ready after arrival at Cahoot?
It depends on the contents and status of the Receiving queue. Container inventory can be fulfillment ready in as little as 1 - 2 business days for a single SKU with no delays in the queue, or as many as 10 - 13 business days for more complex shipments. Non-compliant inbounds, including incorrectly prepped or disorganized inventory dramatically effects the time it takes to receive inventory. To help expedite Receiving as much as possible, please make sure that Product Barcode, Seller SKU, Item Description and Item Quantity are clearly printed on the cartons containing case-packed products.